Hey America, are you doing your green civic duty? Don’t worry if you haven’t started recycling yet, November 15 is the perfect day to start … it’s National America Recycles Day. Check out the dos and don’ts and how recycling actually works.
• Every community has different rules about what you can and can’t recycle. Check out your local government’s website or call for a list of the rules.
• Make sure your items are clean. We know it’s a pain but rinsing items first or ripping off soiled parts makes the recycling process easier. For example: a cereal box is great for recycling but a greasy pizza box isn’t.
• Separate your items in to paper and plastic. It’s also important to remove any parts of an item that can’t be recycled. For example, milk jugs can be recycled but some caps can’t.
• Read the bins. Most times they are labeled with what you can toss in.
• Good bets for recycling include steel cans, aluminum cans, newspapers, magazines, plastic beverage bottles, milk jugs, glass bottles and jars, cereal boxes, other clean and dry cardboard boxes.
• Bad bets for recycling include plastic grocery bags, styrofoam, food-soiled paper, and wax paper.
See how recycling actually works!
Written by Greenista Girl Brianne
Photo by Google Images