Ladies, are you tired of cooking dinner every night? We hear ya! Luckily it’s National Men Make Dinner Day! We can hear the cheers all across America. Ask your hubby, best friend, pops, grandpa, or any man in your life to help whip up a special something. In fact, we’ll even help out by handing them a fail-proof recipe. Get him to whip up this yummy pesto lasagna recipe … all he has to do is put it together and pop it in the oven.
- 8 ounces organic whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces organic part-skim ricotta
- 1/3 cup chopped organic basil
- 1/4 cup toasted organic pine nuts
- 1/3 cup packaged organic pesto
- 4 ounces shredded organic part-skim mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. Combine the ricotta, basil, and pine nuts in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the pesto into the bottom of the pan.
4. Cover with half the noodles. Spread half the herb/ricotta mixture over the noodles.
5. Repeat with another 1/3 of the pesto, the remaining noodles, the remaining herb/ricotta mixture, then cover the whole thing with the pesto.
6. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
7. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
Written by Greenista Girl Brianne
Photos by SassyHongKong