Wannabe healthy but need your snack to taste good too? “Stop right now” and make this spicy fruit salad from Greenista Girl Shubhra’s Indian cookbook, Entice with Spice: Easy Indian recipes for Busy People – it gives a tangy twist to sweet, sugary fruits. You can use any combination of organic fruits you prefer, or whatever is growing in your garden … Greenista Girl Shubhra uses the guavas from her own guava tree! We love that we can easily make this salad before a party and serve this delicious fruit salad as an appetizer.
Spiced Fruit Salad
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 guava, chopped into bite-size cubes (peel on)
- 1 red apple, chopped into bite-size cubes (peel on)
- 1 pear, chopped into bite-size cubes (peel on)
- 1 peach, chopped into bite-size cubes (peel on)
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 banana
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
Place the guava, apple, pear, peach and grapes in a large serving bowl. Cut the banana into 1/4-inch slices and place in the bowl. Add the red pepper, salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Mix well and enjoy!
Written by Greenista Girl Shubhra
Photos by Entice with Spice